- 1/2 med pumpkin
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp Spicecraft Smokey Garlic Salt
- 25gm butter
- 2 onion roughly chopped
- 3 sticks celery chopped
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp Spicecraft Smokey Garlic Salt
- 250ml cream
- 5 slices bread
- 5 rashes streaky bacon
- 1 med onion
- 40gms butter
- Cut pumpkin into chunks, coat with olive oil and Smokey Garlic Salt and smoke in a smoker or roast in the oven at 180C until cooked through.
- Dice up the onion, and celery, sweat off in butter until soft, then add the pumpkin and chicken stock, simmer until soft.
- Blitz until smooth, add cream and bring back to a simmer, thin out with a little water or more stock if needed, until desired consistency.
- Add Smokey Garlic Salt to the soup, stir, taste, add more salt if you want.
- Meanwhile chop the second lot of onions and the bacon into 1 cm dice, and sauté in a pan with the butter, until everything is a little coloured, then add the diced bread, stir through and finish cooking in the oven until brown and crispy - about 15 min at 170C.
- Plate up the soup and top with crispy topping.