- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Spicecraft Smokey Garlic Salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put the water in a bowl & sprinkle the sugar & yeast on top of it, mix together & set aside for about 5 mins.
I did the following in a bench mixer with a dough hook attachment & let the machine do the work, kneading the dough for about 5 - 8 minutes until it forms a ball which is stretchy & smooth.
- Or you can do it by hand as follows:
In another bowl ( or a mixer as above) place in the flour, Smokey Garlic Salt, mix together, now make a well & pour in the yeast mixture & the olive oil into the centre of the well, combine everything together with a spatula.
- Then use your hands & form it into a ball, put the dough onto a floured bench & knead for about 10 minutes or until it is stretchy & smooth, add a little more flour if its too wet.
- Now put your ball into an oiled bowl, cover with cling film & set aside in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once it has doubled in size punch it down to get the air out of it. Divide your dough into 4 balls, roll out each ball one at a time on a bench that has been sprinkled with semolina or flour to stop it from sticking to the bench.
- Top with whatever pizza toppings you have on hand, such as: ham, salami, cheese, olives, red onion, chicken, prawns, capsicum etc etc.
- Either cook your pizza in a pizza oven like we did or preheat an oven to 220°C on fan bake & cook on a pizza stone for about 10 mins or on an oven tray for about 15 - 18 minutes.
- If you like, drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil on top of your pizza and a good grind of your favourite Spicecraft Salt Rocks just before serving.