- 500gm pork mince
- 500gm sausage meat
- 2 Tbsp Kiwi Rub
- 3 sheets of ready made puff pastry - defrosted
- 1 egg beaten.
- Original Salt Rocks
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a large bowl mix the pork mince, sausage meat and Kiwi Rub together, until everything is well combined, use your hands for best results.
- Place your defrosted pastry sheets on the bench, take 1/3 of sausage mixture and place at one end of the pastry sheet, form the meat mixture into a long sausage shape the length of the pastry, making sure to leave about a 2 cm gap from the edge.
- Brush a little of the beaten egg along the other end of the pastry sheet.
- Now carefully roll the meat end towards the egg end to make one long sausage roll. Make sure the seam is on the bottom. Now cut the long sausage roll into the desired size for your sausage rolls. I cut mine into threes. Place rolls onto a lined oven tray, seam side down.
- Repeat the above steps until all the sausage mixture is inside your pastry sheets.
- Once all the rolls are on the tray, brush the egg mixture all over the sausage rolls.
- Now grinder a little Original Salt Rocks over each roll.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
*This is a very easy, simple and tasty recipe. If you don’t have any Kiwi Rub, any of our rub flavours will work.