- 1/2 kg mussels meat
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Kiwi Rub
- 1 tsp Bangin’ Beef Rub
- 150 gm Bacon, finely chopped
- 2 Spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup cornflour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp oil for frying
- Place mussel meat in a food processor and blitz until roughly chopped, then add eggs, Kiwi Rub, Bangin’ Beef Rub, bacon, spring onions, and parsley, blitz again until well mixed, now add the water, mix again, add the cornflour and the baking powder and mix together until well blended.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of fritter mix per fritter, cook for approximately 3 - 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with a smokey garlic mayo - made by added 2 Tbsp Smokey Garlic Salt to 1 Cup of Mayonnaise.
- Top everything with a quick grind of Chicken Salt Rocks