- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp Kiwi Rub
- 1 tsp Bangin’ Beef Rub
- 2 cups tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella, grated
- 2 Tbsp of jalapenos, roughly chopped - more if you like heat.*
- 250 gm dried macaroni, cook as to manufactures instructions, and set aside until needed.
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook until soft. Stir in the flour and cook until frothy. Then slowly and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the Kiwi and the Bangin’ Beef Rub, mix until well combined.
- Stir in both cheeses and the jalapenos.
- Add in the macaroni and stir to combine. Put mixture into a oven proof dish, grate some more tasty and or mozzarella cheese on top followed by a little sprinkling of Bangin’ Beef rub.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Dish up and garnish with some chopped parsley.
*If you don’t like jalapenos, you can leave them out.