- 150ml water
- 100ml soy sauce
- 100ml mirin
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 500gm rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Spicecraft Kia ora Vietnam Rub
- cooked rice, enough for 4 people.
Put water, soy, mirin, ginger, and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 mins.
Add the onion and simmer for 4-5mins or until the onion is soft. Add the beef and Kia ora Vietnam Rub and simmer for a further 1-2 minutes until just cooked through.
To serve, spoon rice and bok choy stir fry into bowls.
Top with beef and onions and ladle some of the hot broth over the top.
Bok Choy Stir Fry:
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 small bunches of bok choy, leaves and white parts, thinly sliced
- good handful of fresh bean sprouts
- chili oil
Add cooking oil to a wok or pan, heat to a medium to high heat, add ginger and garlic, cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally, add the white part of the bok choy, stirring for 3-4 mins or until soft, now add the green part of bok choy, stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes, add bean sprouts and stir through bok choy. Drizzle with a little chili oil.