- 3 Cups of plain flour ( or Gluten Free flour)
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Original Salt Rocks
- 3/4 cup grated cheese + some extra
- 75gm butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp Cajun Rub
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F)
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt into a bowl, add Cajun rub, cheese & butter, then using your hands mix everything together, squashing the butter between your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk & mix quickly with a knife to a soft dough ( if you are using GF flour you may have to add a little extra if your dough is too wet).
- Lightly dust an oven tray with flour. Press scone dough out onto to this. Cut into 12 even sized pieces. Leave a 2cm space between each scone. Sprinkle some more grated cheese on top of each scone, then add a pinch of Cajun rub. Bake for 10mins or until golden brown.
*note you can replace the Cajun with Kiwi Rub Seasoning if you prefer.