Here's our take on the viral Big Mac Tacos, featuring our delicious Pimped Pepper.
You will need the following:
- Mini tortillas - I used Old El Paso Mini Tortillas
- Beef mince
- Pimped Pepper
- Cheese slices - yes, the square plastic stuff from the supermarket, or if you can't bring yourself to use that, just use any cheese - go posh!
- lettuce, shredded.
- Finely diced onion (optional)
- sliced pickles (gherkins)
Big Mac Sauce:
Mix all the below ingredients together to make your sauce, adjust to your taste.
- A big dollop of mayo
- A squirt of tomato paste
- A squirt of American mustard
- A splash of pickle juice (gherkin)
- A small handful of finely diced pickles (gherkins)
- Grab a tortilla and a small handful of beef mince, press the mince out onto the tortilla until it covers the entire tortilla, you want it to be quite a thin layer of mince.
- Sprinkle some Pimped Pepper on top of the mince.
- Place a frying pan over a med-high heat, put the tortilla into the pan, mince side down, cook for about a minute, once mince looks nice and brown, flip the tortilla.
- Now place a slice of cheese on top, cover tortilla with a small lid, so the cheese can melt, this will only take about 1 minute.
- Once cheese is melted remove from pan, top tortilla with some shredded lettuce, some diced onion, a couple of sliced prickles (gherkins), and drizzle some Big Mac Sauce on top.
If you really want to push the boat out - serve these with some homemade fries, coated in a little olive oil and Crackin' Kiwi Rub, cook in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius until cooked and crunchy.